Friday, September 29, 2017

TGIFF - Zip Up Tray Pouch

A small finish that has taken me weeks to finish.  And what I thought were a few quick steps today, turned into hand sewing the binding.  😒  Guess I should read the entire pattern before starting.

Here is my version of the Zip Up Tray Pouch by Comfort Stitching.

I had to use a 9-inch zipper as you can't buy 10-inch zippers here.  It's too costly with shipping and possible duty charges to order from the United States.  The shorter length works, but it's not perfect.  Kona Prussian for the binding.


I'm not sure what it's final purpose will be, but right now, it's filled with some EPP that has been sitting on my coffee table for weeks.  The messy pile looks so much better now.



I'm calling this a bag and linking up with Bag It 2017 hosted by Elm Street Quilts.




If you have a finish this week, consider linking up with:

Thank Goodness It's Finish Friday @ Kathy's Kwilts and More
Finish It Up Friday @ Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hand Quilts 
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation 


9 comments:

  1. Super cute and so fun! Love how it opens up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun little finish! I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Could you have used a longer zipper and cut it down to size?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, how awesome that it opens up like that. Congratulations on pushing through the hand sewing to the finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cute! I recognize the fabric inside from the Sew Sisters Bargain Club. I wasn't a big fan of that collection but you used it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen these bags in person - they are quite clever. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute little pouch! Did you get the fabric from Sew Sisters (like one of the other commenters mentioned)? I get there sometimes in person (I'm near Toronto) but usually order online - many meters of their sale items have made their way to my house :D I feel your pain about shipping to Canada/the duty charges. Plus the fee that Canada Post collects to process the charge. Quite a royal PITA, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue and orange for the win! I'm wondering how much stuff can you stuff in it and still have it close. Not that I'll ever actually make one...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments -- advice and support is always appreciated. If you are a no-reply blogger, please include an e-mail in your comment so I can reply. If you do not hear back from me, you should check to see if you are a no-reply blogger.